Pathogenes specializes in the bioassay of clinical samples. Laboratory testing is an important part of case management and positively influences treatment decisions in cases of neuromuscular diseases including EPM.
Our featured tests:
Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA) Test
- SAG 1, 5, 6 ELISA's- Quantitative assay's that detect serotype antibodies to immunodominant surface antigens of Sarcocystis neurona in horses that have been infected or exposed to Sarcocystis neurona.
- Sarcocystis fayeri antitoxin ELISA-Quantitative assay detects the presence of antitoxin, toxins are released from S. fayeri muscle cysts. Sarcocystis fayeri is a common infection in horses.
- MP2 ELISA- A quantitative assay that detects anti-myelin protein antibodies that are produced in autoimmune disease.
- MPP ELISA- A quantitative assay that detects a neuritogenic peptide that is active in autoimmune neurodegenerative disease.
- C-Reactive Protein (CRP) - A quantitative assay that measures inflammation due to protozoa, bacteria, or virus infections.
- Sarcocystis neurona IFAT-A test to detect antibody against multiple antigens of S. neurona. This assay is used to qualify for our field studies.
- Borrelia burgdorferi Assay-A quantitative screening bioassay to determine current infection due to B. burgdorferi.