Pathogenes mission is to develop patent protected technologies for the diagnosis and treatment of parasitic diseases.
Our data is obtained from examining blood samples from sick horses to determine what disease and disease process causes the illness. Our focus is Equine Protozoal Myeloencephalitis, EPM.
To submit a blood sample for testing draw a red top (we want serum) tube and send it to us by USPS or FedEx. We test cerebrospinal (CSF) fluid. Qualified neurologic cases may qualify for research discounts on testing CSF. A submission form should accompany all samples, please be sure to fill out the contact information.
- USPS: PO Box 970, Fairfield, FL 32634
- FedEx: 15471 NW 112th Ave, Reddick, FL 32686
Elisa Submission Form
- Development and Validation of an ELISA Detecting Sarcocystis fayeri Antitoxin in Horses with Equine Muscular Sarcocystosis (EMS)
- In vitro culture and release of S. neurona from host cells
- Molecular characterization of a major 29 kDa surface antigen of Sarcocystis neurona
- Early Signs of Equine Protozoal Myeloencephalitis
- Development of an ELISA to detect antibodies to rSAG1 in the horse
- Experimental Infection of Horses with Culture-Derived S. neurona Merozoites as a Model for EPM
- Evidence that antibodies against recombinant SnSAG1 of S. neurona merozoites are involved in infection and immunity in EPM
- Prevalence of antibodies to Sarcocystis neuronal in dogs with and without neurologic disease
- Decoquinate combined with levamisole reduce the clinical signs and serum SAG 1, 5, 6 antibodies in horses with suspected EPM
- Ellison 2015 Polyneuritis equi
- Sarcocystis fayeri associated anti-toxin in serum from horses with neuromuscular disease
- Ellison 2015 Polyneuritis equi assay
- Diseases Associated with EPM 2017
Check out Our Newest eBook!
Polyneuritis Equi Explained is available now on Amazon
And our eBook Researching EPM is still available on Amazon.
Do your Horse a favor and get them both!